Don't let this be you.
It happens. Stuff happens but we can do our best to be prepared.
Read on and get 4 ways to meet that deadline.
Morning all. So things happen, don't they? The electric went out this morning. My cell phone won't charge properly, the laptop is networed to the PC, the land line is connected to the PC. And my hip bone's connected to my thigh bone....
Annnnnnnnnnd, my sister is coming. Madeline, why are you telling us this. Here's why...
1. There was nothing I could do about it;
2. My electric bill is paid so it's the grid (self-check); and
3. I stayed calm and did the things that don't require hook up.
There I was, sweeping the walk, pulling out some paints for a project due, organized a bit and got a few non-electric things done.
Take time to do the things where we are not connected by electricity. Connect with your HEART and not by WI-FI. Just sayin'.
What if you have a looming deadline and this happens? Here is what I suggest and I live by this...
1. Give yourself plenty of time to finish ahead of time;
2. Work on your project in chunks of time every day so that you know you will have it done in case of such situations;
3. Store your work in the cloud so that you can go elsewhere to work on it; and
4. If by any chance it was a last minute ask of YOU, remember, it was a last minute ask and you are doing the best you can.
People ask me why I consider this to be a part of art licensing. Well, deadlines are a part of any business and things do happen. I just prefer to be prepared and have a plan B.
Above all, stay calm. It can be nerve-wracking for sure but YOU are a professional and YOU can get this done. Act like a pro, be that pro, know that you are a pro and a pro gets things done.
The next time things happen be prepared and continue to enjoy doing what you do.
Wishing you an awesome day.
ART LICENSING FROM my PERSPECTIVE